- 500g fruit cake (I just buy the cheapest of fruit loaves, two should do it)
- 2 tablespoons of dessicated coconut
- 80ml of dark rum
- 30g of almonds, crushed (to be honest, any nuts will do, use whatever's in the cupboard)
- 400g (that's four bars!) of dark chocolate
- 2 teaspoons of oil
- 150g of white chocolate
- Glace cherries
- One chocolate obsessed child (not absolutely necessary-in fact might hinder the process)
1. Tear up the cake and put in a food processor, whizz until it's crumbs. Put in a bowl with the nuts, coconut and rum. Melt the dark chocolate and pour just under half of it into the mix. Mix up and roll into balls (about 40). Place the on baking parchment. Give child some mixture to roll up and a bowl to scrape as shown.
2. Mix the oil with the rest of the dark chocolate and roll your truffles in the mixture till they are coated. Leave to set.
3. Melt the white chocolate and leave to cool a little. Spoon on the white chocolate over the truffles, letting it run down the sides. Make sure the truffles are well set when you put the white chocolate on as it will look really messy if you don't. Cut your cherries up small and put a bit on each truffle.
4. Wrap in cellophane and tie with ribbon the give as presents or scoff them all, either way they taste good.